Chocolate ricotta cake ** suitable for diabetics **
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300 gr (10.58 oz) wholemeal flour
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) bitter cocoa powder
- 150 gr (5.29 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sachet of yeast
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) milk
- 140 gr (4.93 oz) agave syrup
In a bowl mix ricotta and milk and whisk until creamy, then add flour, cococa, eggs, agave syrup and the yeast.
Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 500 gr (17.63 oz) ricotta cheese
- 100 gr (3.52 oz) agave syrup
- 100 gr (3.52 oz) sugar free mini chocolate chips
In a bowl mix ricotta, agave syrup then fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Spoon into prepared cake pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool, remove from pan and serve.