Ingredients for zabaione cream:
- 6 eggs yolks
- 150 gr caster sugar
- 500 gr Mascarpone
- 1 glass of Marsala wine (OPTIONAL)
Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale and creamy, then add Mascarpone cheese and (OPTIONAL) Marsala wine. Beat the whites until soft peaks form (foamy) and add it slowly to the mixture.
- Zabaione cream just prepared
- 1 pack (approx 24) of Savoiardi sponge fingers
- Triple shot of espresso coffee and 1 cup of water or 1 cup of strong instant coffee.
- Cocoa or Hot chocolate powder
- Grated dark chocolate
Put the coffee in a large flat dish and add 1 cup of water to it. You can substitute this with instant coffee. Tip the sponge fingers into the mixture a few seconds until moist but not soggy.