Spaghetti with marinara sauce, black olives and capers
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 400 gr (14.110 oz) Spaghetti
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 100 gr (3,524 oz) black olives
- 400 gr (14.110 oz) can whole San Marzano tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 dl (3.3814us fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan combine extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic for a couple of minutes, then add tomatoes and oregano, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add capers and crushed red pepper if desired. Cover. Bring to a boil for a few minutes.
Meanwhile in a large pot with boiling salted water cook spaghetti until al dente.
Drain spaghetti and toss spaghetti with cooked sauce. Serve warm.