Stewed cuttlefish with peas
- 500 gr (17.63 oz) peas
- 1 kg (35.27 oz) whole cleaned cuttlefish
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 liter (16.90 fl oz) vegetable broth
- 350 gr (12.34 oz) tomato
- 100 gr (3.52 oz) white wine
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Chop the cuttlefish up into pieces about an inch (2.5 cm) large at the most.
Heat the extra virgin oil, add the onion finely minced and parsley. When it begins to crackle add the cuttlefish and cook briefly and season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the wine into the pot and let it evaporate over a moderate flame, then add peas first and then tomato and vegetable broth to cover. Cover the pot, reduce the flame, and simmer the cuttlefish for about 30 minutes.
When the fish is done, dust it with the minced parsley and serve it hot.