Rice with asparagus and “raspadura”
Ingredients (serving 4):
320 gr (11.287 oz) Rice Carnaroli
- 30 gr (1.058219 oz)butter
- 40 gr (1.410958 oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 300 gr (10.58219 oz) asparagus chopped
- 1 shallot
- 150 gr (5.291094 oz) stracchino cheese
- 100 gr (3.527396 oz) raspadura (cheese shavings of Parmesan cheese)
- 1 glass white wine
- 1/2 liter (16.90701 us fl oz) veggie broth
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Place asparagus in a medium pan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender but firm. When cool drain, pat dry and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
Peel the rest of the shallot and discard the peels, then mince it.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add the shallot. Cook it for a few minutes until golden but not brown.
Add rice and toast it, add wine and stir well until completely evaporated. Add a ladle of veggie broth to the rice and stir until the liquid is fully absorbed. When the rice appears almost dry, add another ladle of stock and repeat the process.
Add stracchino cheese, salt and pepper and stir well adding some broth, then finally add the asparagus chopped. Wait until rice is completely cooked.
At this step top with raspadura and let it rest for a minute before serving hot.