Pasta with tuna, cream and saffron
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 240 gr (8.46 oz) spaghetti
- 160 gr (5.64 oz) can tuna without oil drained
- 1 shallot minced
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) milk
- 200 gr (7.05 oz) heavy cream
- 1 saffron sachet
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
- 20 gr (0.70 oz) Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 20 gr (0.70 oz) extra virgin olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the shallot minced stirring occasionally, until the shallot is soft, for a couple of minutes, then flake tuna and add it, season with salt and pepper and stir about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions
Drain the pasta, return to the pan and stir in the tuna sauce, then add milk, saffron, heavy cream and chives and give a good stir, then reduce the heat and simmer for a minute adding Parmesan freshly grated.