Pasta with fava beans
Ingredients (serving 4):
- 400 gr (14.10 oz) ditaloni pasta
- 500 gr (17.63 oz) fresh fava beans
- 1 onion
- 1 lt (33.81 fl oz) vegetable broth
- 40 gr (1.410 oz) extravirgin olive oil
- 120 gr (4.23 oz) guanciale (pancetta or bacon)
- 100 gr (3.52 oz)Parmesan cheese freshly grated
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Pull off the top and “unzip” the seam of the bean pod. Open the pod and remove the beans. There are usually 4 to 5 beans per pod. Blanch them in water for 1 minute.
Put the smoked pancetta in a pan without oil on a low heat and stir often to prevent them from burning. cook until they are crispy, then add the onion finely chopped.
Add the extra virgin olive oil, fava beans and the broth and bring to the boil for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Cook the ditaloni pasta in the boiling, salted water until al dente.
Drain the pasta and add it to the fava beans , season with sal and pepper and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top. Serve hot.