Baked sea bream with potatoes
Ingredients (serving 3):
- 3 whole sea breams (1 kg total – 35.27 oz), gutted
- 500 gr (17.63 oz) potatoes peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 3 garlic gloves finely sliced
- 6 fresh lemon slices
- 3 tablespoons parsley freshly chopped
- 2 glass white wine
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) extra virgin olive oil
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
In a large bowl combine the potatoes, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
Season the fish and place some parsley and lemon slices in the cavity.
Place the vegetable mixture in a large ovenproof baking dish, lay the fish on top of the potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 mins until the potatoes are tender.
Pour the wine over then bake again uncovered for 10 mins more until the potatoes start to crisp up around the edges and have browned and the fish is cooked.
Season the fish with salt and pepper and rub the fillets with a little olive oil. Serve hot.