“The Pope’s fettuccinas”
Ingredients (serving 2/3):
- 250 gr (8.81 oz) fettuccine noodles
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) butter
- 50 gr (1.76 oz) onion finely chopped
- 100 gr (3.52 oz) Parma ham diced
- 200 gr (7.05 oz) heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 60 gr (2.11 oz) Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 glass warm water
In a large skillet, fry the onion in butter for about 5 minutes, then add warm water and wait until soft.
Toss hot, drained noodles and turn off the heat.
Meanwhile boil your noodles for a few minutes until al dente, drain, and toss them with a bit of oil or butter to keep them from sticking.
In a large bowl mix eggs and heavy cream and whisk together and finally add Parmesan, then whisk again until creamy.
Toss hot, drained noodles with the ham and onions, dump the egg mixture onto the hot noodles and toss thoroughly with fresh cracked pepper and salt.