Crema di porri e patate * * * Leek and potato soup
- 800 gr (28 oz) leeks sliced
- 800 gr (28 oz) potatoes diced
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 lt (33 fl oz) veggie broth
- 150 ml (5 oz) double cream
- 150 gr (5 oz) smoked pancetta diced (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the leeks sliced, a ladle of broth and cook for a couple of minutes, then add potatoes, the broth and bring to the boil for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Put the smoked pancetta in a pan without oil on a low heat and stir often to prevent them from burning. cook until they are crispy.
Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Reheat in a clean pan, stir in the cream or crème fraîche, heat through and serve.
Serve scattered with tasty crisp bacon and eat with toasted or warm crusty bread on the side.